Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving was a laid back day with my parents and fiancé. We had a wonderful meal of fried turkey, Memaw A's dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, bacon wrapped green beans and crescent rolls. We surely did miss my brother, Kenneth. He was on call and had to stay located in Mobile. I'm pretty sure he missed us. ;)

I love Thanksgiving because it is usually a stress free day of eating and watching football. I loved sitting and hanging out with my parents and Blake. It is also a day to reflect (the teacher in me) on the year. I love to focus on the good and the not so good because all of it has molded me into a better person. I have learned so many lessons over the past year and still learning many more. I am grateful for the new friends that have entered my life.

The next day I went shopping after the crazy crowd had crashed for a nap. I found mom's dress for the wedding. It is beautiful! The perfect shade of pink. She looked beautiful in it and she loved it! I also picked up my brother's Christmas gift.

 Mom and me 

 My sweet parents. 

 Yeah...didn't get the height but no complaints. 

 Beautiful, burlap center piece 

 Place Setting

 Dad and his yummy turkey skills! 

 Yeah, he didn't last long. :) 

 The Future Dormans 

Sweet Blake watching football. Love this man so much. 

Southern Love, 
Tricia 

No comments:

Post a Comment