Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Quality of Friendship

I must say that I've never cared to be one of "popularity." I am one that wants people to like me but not to be popular. I've learned that friendship is something that requires a quality friend and not a quantity of friends. I have friends come and go, you know, "seasonal" friends people like to call them. But then you have that friend or friends that you thought--where have you been all my life? How did I make it this far without you? I plan on blogging about all my friends because I do have quality friends that continue to touch my lives, but this blog is about this past weekend. I had one of the best "girl" weekends. A weekend that was full of football, shopping, eating, a movie, and just good quality time with quality friends.

The weekend began with a super fun girls night at my house in which I hosted a 31 Party. We had a blast eating, hanging out, and laughing at everything. Carol Ann and Abby did a great job selling the amazing 31 products and I love to hang out and cook for anybody.

Then I went to the Auburn game and sat with one of the coaches' wives. I really got to know this family over the summer and I enjoy sitting at the games with her. She is so fun and easy to talk to. I had a blast at the game even though it was depressing on the field to watch. I've learned a lot about the coaches' families and people don't realize how much they affect others' lives when they do things or say things to insult our team.

I only stayed till half time because I had the rest of the day planned with one of my BFFs (Emilee Dunnam). This is one of those people that you become friends with and wonder, "How in the world did I survive this long without her?" Our schedules this year are so different and so busy that we haven't had much time for each other. I think this is why this day was so special! We did everything-shopped, ate, talked, talked, and went and saw Pitch Perfect. That was such a great movie! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. So glad that we got to spend time together because I was having withdrawals.

Then on Sunday, I went and saw my momma for a little bit. What girls weekend without seeing my momma is not complete. She is so special to me and is helping make our wedding day one to cherish and remember. After seeing her, I went home and got ready for a lingerie shower for my old roommate, Anna Rebeeca. I had a blast up at the Cannon's lakehouse getting to know the Cannon girls and celebrating AR's wedding. I can't wait to celebrate with her on her special day. In fact, I need to find a dress. Pictures of her shower are soon to come....

It was a wonderful weekend! So thankful for the blessings God has given me through friends and family.

Southern Love,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment