Saturday, October 1, 2011

Successful Student Day!

Happy Saturday! I'm so glad to have two days to semi relax and just be a little lazy. I've still got a lot of work to do to get ready for next week in first grade though. We didn't get to all our "apple" activities that correlate with our standards in school. I sure do wish I was in Souther Carolina cheering on my tigers! :)

Anyways, we had our end of the month "Successful Student" movie party with a kindergarten class. I actually got to be the movie theater classroom and host the kids who earned the privilege to go. Last time, I had those sweet kiddos that just couldn't get it together. ;) As an extra incentive, my mom made an AWESOME SAFARI cake for my sweet (but very talkative) kiddos. It was so amazing and very delicious. The kids ate every bit of their piece plus popcorn. I'm sure they're parents are loving me tonight-ha!



 When we're invigorated (vocab. word last week) all the time!
Our sweet side! :) 

We've had a very busy week learning many new things such as words with -all, contractions, telling and question sentences, adding, problem solving, oodles of calendar connections, and lots more! I was able to fit in a few apple activities. We have had the best time celebrating fall! We did a really neat activity where they got to taste three different kinds of apples and then graphed them in different ways. I got this idea from Ashley at The First Grade Brain. The kids loved it! As you can see, red apples were a hit! We also celebrated Johnny Appleseed's (social studies) birthday with a Johnny Glyph. Boy! Did they do a great job! They had to listen for this activity and I was impressed! They did a great job, but of course, I didn't take pictures. I'm trying to be better at taking pictures but my class this year is quite demanding and so leaves me running around the room constantly. We will wrap up our "Fall Apple Unit" next week. I'm so excited about our "Spiders and Such Unit" I've been working on...I hope it turns out! I've gotten so many great ideas from teaching blogs. We'll start that in two weeks! Below are just a few apple things we did...we did a lot with the graph!
 Test Tasting Apples
 Choosing Our Favorite Apple
Our Graph---I didn't think red apples would be such a hit! I had to figure out where to put them all. 

As for the personal life, not much here! Ha! I've been fighting a sinus infection but can't complain! God has given me strength both Thursday and today to meet the learning needs of my students! But I am so excited about next weekend! I am finally using my massage Blake gave me for my birthday and getting a pedicure at Spa Auburn! I know this will come in handy because I need some "me" time. I don't know about other teachers, but it seems every year, I get those sweet kiddos who need hugs every 30 minutes of the day. ;) I wouldn't trade it for the world...I just make them use hand sanitizer first. You've got to admit...I've got the cutest first grade class ever!

War Eagle!

2 comments:

  1. Your are the best teacher EVER!!! Those kids are so BLESSED to have you. Your Mom did an awesome job!! I had no idea she could do cakes. Should have known though as good as she is at scrapbooking .

    ReplyDelete