Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fall, AU Football, and Apples

Welcome fall! I love fall and what all comes along with it! The changing of colors, pumpkins, pumpkin bread, Halloween, football season and cool weather (just right). I've had a blast going to the Auburn football games. I got to experience my first away game (not counting SEC) to Clemson. Although it was depressing to lose, we still had a blast! We decided to camp about 20 minutes outside of Clemson to save money. Though I was worried because I'm not a camper, it ended up being really fun and really clean. We sat by the fire and talked. We just sat. It was so weird just to sit and do nothing. If I'm sitting I'm usually cutting out or getting ready for first grade lessons. Ha! Clemson's campus was so pretty. It did remind me a lot of Auburn's campus but I must admit, Auburn still has the prettiest campus. It was neat and interesting to be on the other side of the field for an away game.

 My sweet Blake and I tailgating
 Best looking team!
 1st time ever in top deck! Wow! 
Downtown Clemson

This past Saturday was the Auburn v Florida Atlantic game. My dad was able to find two extra tickets so I could take one of my sweet students from last year. This was her first Auburn game and boy did we have a blast! This girl can eat! We tailgated with the sweet Amos Family (LOVE THEM!) and enjoyed the game. Although the eagle didn't fly, she still got to see them (both eagles) down on the field near our seats. I miss my sweet kiddos from last year and are amazed how they sprouted over the summer for fourth grade. They're not babies anymore.

 AU Stadium
 Sweet Child!
Enjoying the Game 

For school this week we are doing a Johnny Appleseed or Apple Thematic Unit and I cannot wait to share it with all you guys! I got so many awesome ideas from other blogs and I know my firsties will have a blast sampling different apple items and then graphing them, fun apple reading centers with making words, reading the room, etc, and math stations such as apple even/odd and apple number recognition. Have a great week and War Eagle!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I loved reading this! You are the BEST teacher to take a former student to an Auburn game! :) War Eagle to that!!!

    Share that J.A. unit -- I can't wait to see what you did! :)

    Have a great week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! You're an Auburn girl?! I don't know if we can be friends!

    Just kidding! That campus is the most beautiful campus I have ever seen.

    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete