Saturday, October 22, 2011

Gator Meat, Nova, Snapshots, Boo!, & The Fisherman

I've always thought from time to time that I lived a rather dull life, but ever since I have started this blog, I've realized my life isn't so dull and I'm very blessed to experience and spend time with amazing people. I have the most amazing parents who would do anything for me and are always there to listen to my first grade stories or just to hear me vent about people causing drama in my life. Yes, I said other people because I will avoid drama at all costs! Right now, I'm watching my AU Tigers play LSU and I'm so proud of how hard they are fighting on the field.

Last week, Auburn beat Florida and my dad got Blake and I some AUmazing seats on the 40 yard line! Thanks dad and AU swim coach! Blake and I were able to tailgate a while too! He usually doesn't get off work until right before the game starts and I'm tailgating by myself. We tailgated with the Amos Family. I have known this family for about eight years now and they are so special to me. Ms. Janet is one of my very best friends and I love spending time with her and the rest of the crew! I feel like a part of their family in so many ways and miss the days where we would make forts and perform a circus in the foyer.

 Mrs. Janet and I tailgating. 
 Blake and I before the game. 
 Check out our AUsome seats!


The AU Raptor Center came to school on Wednesday and they brought a screech owl, a vulture, a hawk, and NOVA!!! I was so excited! Of course more than the kiddos because they really didn't know much about the eagle and her importance in our AU football games.


All my teacher friends know about Daily 5 and it is my first year implementing it. It has been a struggle with my kids and the other day I told them that I would be taking "snapshots" as evidence to their parents in whether or not they were on task. I did this most of the week and the majority of the time they were on task with their station work. (Maybe this idea will work in keeping them focus! Ha!) I love Daily 5 but we are not very far in our stamina. Just the other day we went from 6 minutes to 10 minutes without any interruptions! WOW! That is BIG! We celebrated and celebrated and I praised and praised!! We'll see on Monday if we can continue on...






My roommate and I had GNO on Tuesday before I had to go back to school from Fall Break. We ate dinner at Amsterdam and then went to Sips n Strokes. We did a cute Halloween painting that is now hanging in our hallway. I sure am going to miss AR when she leaves me in December. Our paintings are called, "Boo!"
Before (lol-joke)


After

I help my dad out with supper on Wednesday nights. We have a very dear friend that has been a huge part of our church family for years and he turned 82 that night. I always yell, "Hey, good looking!" when he comes in the door and my dad loves him! He is the sweetest elderly gentleman you will ever meet and my sweet dad did something special for him. He bought him a cake that is meant for a fisherman because this old man use to fish all the time! He was full of shock when dad brought out the cake. Even though someone tried to ruin my dad's surprise, the elderly gentleman loved every minute of it! He has a lot of cake to eat this week!



My poor tigers are fighting but it doesn't look too hot! Have a great weekend! God loves you!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sweet FRIEND! I love you so much!! I love reading your posts. We need to plan us a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed the CAKE Wednesday night. I love seeing you and your Dad each week.

    ReplyDelete