Thursday, September 15, 2011

Whoosh! It sure has been a busy week with fifteen firsties! A teacher's job is not a 7:30-3:30 job. I've been getting to school about 6:45 and leaving between 5-5:30, and still take things home! Well, I do love my job! My sweet kiddos sure did wear me out today. I went to school with my hair down and about half way in the morning it went into a ponytail...Bless their hearts, they have just loved talking today and me...not so much listening to it. They're still figuring out...if they just "whisper" then it doesn't bother me, but they aren't quite their yet.

If you know me, I am NOT a fan of cockroaches. Well, of course Wednesday morning there was an unfriendly roach upside down beside my small group chair. I had my sweet chicken catcher student pick up the roach. He thought it was the best idea EVER! He wanted to pick it up with his bare hands. Gross! I told him he had to use paper towels. Well, go figure, it would drop out of the paper towel, flip over, and crawl right towards my feet. I start screaming and laughing, my kids are just staring at me, and the firstie is chasing it!! He finally stomped on it and it made this huge POP!! Well, needless to say, I couldn't stop laughing and my kiddos were floored at the fact that I didn't use my whisper voice in the classroom. They were also concerned about me, it was sweet! Now they know how much I hate bugs! Now I have an official bug catcher in the classroom and he thinks it is the best job ever! I just love him!

Firsties are a lot sweeter and not so much attitude. Their little brains do take a while to grow and learn but my heart is officially in first grade! I'm learning more patience than ever but their desire to learn, please, and cute language is a joy every day. We're still learning to listen with our ears and not with our mouth.

My amazing mom and I had the best time ever decorating my room. SHE IS AMAZING!All the animals and school bus are hand drawn and painted by my mom! I thought I would post some pics of my classroom. My camera lately hasn't taken the best pictures but gives you an idea of my classroom. They call me the "fru-fru" teacher, but I LOVE it! Enjoy!

 The entrance to my classroom!! 
 LOVE THIS! 
 Storage! I'm not use to this! The animals through out the room are used as guides to stations. 
 Helpers & Behavior...I also do a clip chart that is the best idea ever!
 I think it is so important to have lots of resources for students to look at and use when dealing with math and reading. You can't see it but we also have the months and a number line. I tell them all the time to look for themselves. They have to learn to "think." 
 My ELMO and laptop area. My "special" kiddo sit there to keep her on task. I LOVE the ELMO!! 
 More storage!! I love books! If you can see it, I have monkeys and green lanterns hanging from the ceiling. 
 Small Group Table and Teacher Table
See that pretty box? Yes-I take it home every night and it always has something! 
 It was the end of the day. Love my hippo in the corner. She's the spelling station. 
"Wild About Words"
I have vocabulary and sight words. 

I will share my stations soon and all the amazing cute ideas I've gotten from other blogs and some I've created on my own. I still have some more work to do in my classroom. I want to add some curtains, etc. Well, gotta get packed for the Clemson game! I only have a 1/2 tomorrow! War Eagle!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi beautiful bestie! Can your blog and room be ANY cuter?! I think not... :) It all looks amazing! I want to catch up on first grade stuff... call me after the game this weekend!!! Enjoy it! Love you and WAR EAGLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay your room is amazing!!! I knew your Mom was awesome and creative but she sure out did herself. After seeing the pictures I really want to come take a tour in person. :)

    ReplyDelete