Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Spot

I loved my time at Auburn University! It was a time of growing mentally, spiritually, and realizing my true potential as a future adult. Of course, I feel that we all in someway could go back into the past, we would do so many things different. I'll never forget the football games, tailgates, lasting friendships, all day studying, dorm drama, and many more things, but the one thing I will always hold dear about Auburn is my favorite spot.

I'm sure this spot is a favorite for many but for me it was a spot that helped me get through many difficult trials during college. I loved laying a blanket on the lawn and spreading out-whether it was to study or spend time with God. This spot…on Samford Lawn…will always be dear to my heart.



Having a daughter has brought so much joy to my life and of course new challenges, but I love that I'm able to share what is special to me with her. I know she's only three months but I honestly believe she understands and knows more than we think. I mean she gives me those looks all the time that I've lost my mind and pretty sure I did with the new "mommy brain." We only walk around the house three to five times until I remember why I went that way.

Last Thursday, I got to share my special Auburn spot with Sophie. We enjoyed a nice dinner with our sweet friends, Betsy and Kylie, and took a walk around campus. We decided to take pictures on Samford Lawn. While we were there-we saw several sorority sisters taking pictures and a club of students bonding together. Oh it brought back memories but also made me feel that much older.  While we were watching purses so the girls could take their pictures, it was so pleasant to just sit on the lawn again with my friend and two precious little girls. We enjoyed reminiscing and feeding the girls while we watched those purses like a hawk.





I loved my time on Samford Lawn and plan on many more playdates with sweet Sophie at one of my favorite spots! She enjoyed the spot too and was a trooper with all the photographs. War Eagle!

Southern Love, 
Tricia 

No comments:

Post a Comment