Monday, July 30, 2012

Where did it go?

Summer....what's that? I don't even want to think what would come out of my mouth if someone said, "Oh, you are a teacher. Must be nice to have summers off." 1. No summer off here. 2. Teaching is a demanding job and teachers need summers to revamp and get ready for a whole new group of "precious" kiddos. :)

Well, my two-week summer has just begun! I just wrapped up my last reading class and working with a group of sweet college girls. I am so excited about working with them this year at AU. I've been hard at work on their syllabus and trying to make their learning experiences "true" to the classroom. All the while hard at working on reading research papers, tutoring students, and anything reading related. :)


Having my classes over, I've been able to enjoy some summer fun activities. I went to the pool with this sweetie, Ellie Gray, and her momma, my bestie. I had a great time swimming her around and catching up with Lindsey.

Tomorrow, I will be spending the day with my sweet friend Alison and her daughter Ryn in Atlanta for the day shopping. So. Excited.

Wedding planning is going great! It has kind of slowed down...but exciting news....We. Found. The. Dress!!! After three cities, three stores, and about 30 dresses, we found the one! Oh it's beautiful! It is going to be even more beautiful with something we are adding to it, but I can't tell! Hint: my mother hand sewn this piece that we will add!!  Praise the Lord that my mother was there to witness the event, IV and all, and my friend Emilee. She helped keep mom calm and cool while I tried on dresses. It is a Maggie Sottero, my favorite designer!! :)

Well, that's its for now. Even though, I haven't been on an extravagant vacation this summer, I am thankful for every day that God allows me to live and I pray that my focus is around him. I will be thinking about all my Opelika teacher friends that go back to school either this week or next week. I miss you all so much, but I'm not going to lie, I am enjoying my extra two weeks. :)

Southern Love,
Tricia

First Engagement Gift from my bestie, Lindsey:




1 comment:

  1. Tricia, your blog is a-dor-a-ble! LOVE! I love your first engagement present! So cute! :) You must be so excited about all that is happening for you right now! I am so happy for you :)

    Bridget
    Little Lovely Leaders

    ReplyDelete