Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Chaos 1

There is sooo much I want to do this month of December with my firsties but with the holiday hyperness, the extreme talkativeness, and craziness of the month we haven't gotten to everything I wanted too! They have slapped worn me out and I feel that not much has been accomplished. :(

Bless their hearts, I know they are excited about Christmas but only two more days! We've still got to pack in reading with qu and wh and math addition and 3D shapes! Ahh!! We can do it! We also need to work on Christmas gifts to parents and some more FUN Christmas activities! They are just six years and need to have some fun! Yes, I said fun! Move away state leaders and so so educational leaders who "think" they know about kiddos....we can learn by having fun!

Anyways, here are a few fun things we have done this month!

We did Cara Carroll's Mooseltoe Unit from the fabulous book! You can learn all about her unit from her amazing blog: www.thefirstgradeparade.blogspot.com!


We also have our special friend from the North Pole, Mario, who I'm sure is reporting every night to Santa about how much we are "trying" to learn and how much we are "actually" talking and giggling because we're so giddy about Christmas.




We've done some really cute writing activities about him that I got from another amazing blog: www.castleandcrayons.blogspot.com!


We also got to act out our special "ar" dates! Here is a video of two of my cute little firsties. I will post another one later...



On a side note, I have a new addition to my family. I found out on facebook that this cute little guy needed a home and he's quite a stinker. Don't let his cute looks fool you. ;) I just love him! He is a sweetie but loves to attack my feet and legs. He is a mess but he fits right into my little family. My maltese, Milo, is warming up to him and becoming a protective big brother. Blake is quite attached to this little fellow and is over all the time playing with him. He LOVES Blake! His name is "Augie!" Welcome to the family Wilford "Augie" Adams! I named him after my grandfather because he acts just like him!

Augie at 4 weeks old. First day home. :) 

Bonding time through sleeping.

Cuddling while mom works on grading papers. 

Augie is very stubborn. He was so determined to climb the couch that he passed out when he finally reached it! haha

Augie at 6 weeks and after his first visit to the vet! 
Thanks for hanging into this super long blog! I just had so much to share. We only have two days left before Christmas Break...Polar Express PJ day is tomorrow! I can't wait!!

Southern Love, 
Tricia

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I LOVE AUGIE!!!!!!! SO precious! It looks like you guys are busy over there in first grade! Keep up the good work, bestie! Only a few days left and then you're off for a while! :)

    Miss you!
    Love!

    ReplyDelete