Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Stormy Christmas

What a stormy and rainy Christmas we had in Auburn, but that didn't stop us from enjoying it! Blake and I actually spent Christmas day with both families. I guess you can say that we are getting a head start on practicing sharing holidays with both families.

I am all about family time during the holidays and this being the last holiday as a "single" lady, I wanted to spend as much time with my family as possible. I do want to say that I am blessed to be getting in-laws and a sister-in-law that I enjoy spending time with during the holidays.

I spent Christmas Eve with my family and we had our traditional gumbo, boiled shrimp, potato salad, ham with rolls, and buffalo chicken dip. We spent the evening playing our yearly monopoly game drinking hot chocolate and egg nog. We also opened up one present. I got an awesome machine that makes the creamiest hot chocolate. I can't wait to try it out! Blake spent his evening with his grandparents and the pups.


Blake and I started off Christmas Day with breakfast and opening presents at the Adams' household. It was so wonderful to spend time with my brother, Kenneth. I don't get to see or spend enough time with him. He got an awesome guitar from my parents! I hope he plays it at the wedding. ;) Mom and dad gave me my first set of of our everyday china and I am beyond excited! I also got lots of other cute items and a gift card to Ellie! My favorite store! My parents gave Blake an academy gift card and many items related to his biggest passion: camping and being outdoors!



Then we left my parents, picked up my dogs, and headed over to Blake's parents. We opened presents over there and all I have to say is Blake will be the most handsome consultant you will ever meet! He is decked out in the latest style and name brand, thanks to his parents. I may just have to drive by the car lot to check him out, haha. I received many cute items as well in the clothing department, a M. Bagwell chips and dip Christmas bowl, and a "D" cutout in Auburn colors.

After opening up gifts with Blake's family, we headed back and had lunch with my family. Then we went back over to Blake's family and had dinner. Yep, we were in and out of the rain all day but that didn't keep us from eating and enjoying family time. I ate so much amazing food that I need to work out extra extra hard this week-ha.

After all the family time, Blake and I went back to hang out and exchange gifts. I gave him a bunch of items to use for camping. He gave me a pair of Tory Burch flats (oh they're beautiful!) and a platter I've wanted from Southern Crossing.

We are approaching our wedding day quite fast and I don't think it can get here fast enough. I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with him. He makes me laugh and loves me unconditionally. That's hard to do!

I hope that you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! Remember LOVE is Christmas (my post from last year) and Jesus is the real reason for the season. I couldn't imagine the pain Mary went through as her son died for all of us. I think about Mary's love for Christ as all my friends celebrate their future arrivals of sweet little boys. I hope that you share your testimony this holiday season and celebrate his renewal within you!

Blake, Me, and our nephew Bogey :) 

Mom & Dad 

Me and the guys 

Loving on Bogey (I didn't really kiss him on the lips). 

Dad, Kenneth and Bogey 

Mom and Me 

Dad and Me


Southern Love,
Tricia


Don't forget to leave us some wedding love at http://adamsanddorman.ourwedding.com 

Photo by: Sarah Marie (sarahmariephotos.com) 

No comments:

Post a Comment