Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fantastic February

February has been super busy! If you could see my planner-you would be amazed at how I'm still standing. Well actually, I am at my momma's house catching up on my shows. I am taking a break from studying and working on first grade stuff to blog! We have been so busy in the first grade world. :)

We celebrated Groundhog's Day with making a cute book using a super cute unit by www.lifeinfirstgrade.blogspot.com and a cute snack idea from Pinterest. They had to guess whether the groundhog would see his shadow or not by flipping their cookies. Then we watched the cute little groundhog while enjoying our snack. We never have time for snack so this was a big hit!



February is still going strong. We had our V-Day party on a Tuesday (why is still the ?)! Ha! We had a filled week with cute Valentine activities. They made the cutest Love Bugs. They had to write about their LoveBugs and several of them were very creative. They were precious!

Blake joined us for lunch that day and brought me these beautiful flowers! :) We didn't get to celebrate because I had class till 9pm on V-Day! One of my little boys was extremely jealous of him and my girls were giggly. Oh first grade love!




On Friday, Mayor Fuller of Opelika came and read to us. They were so good for him (whew!). Then we did Abby's The Sweetheart Snatcher and boy was it drama filled! I pretended that someone stole their heart candies and he left them clues. They had to infer and figure out where he left the candies around the school. It was great! Of course there was crying, excitement, running, and screaming but they had a blast figuring out where he left the candy hearts. Then we did several activities with the hearts and ate them that afternoon.




I'm enjoying my three day weekend with studying, first grad stuff, and a nap here and there! :) The kiddos come back on Wednesday and we'll be reviewing lots all while celebrating Snowmen and other fun activities. Before I sign off and get back to studying...here are some pictures of a typical evening of me "trying" to study at home and a sweet note from one of my students.




He's getting so big! I just love my boys!

Southern Love,
Tricia 

2 comments:

  1. Your love bugs are so cute!

    I am your newest follower and I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, your blog is soo cute! Cute stuff - I'm your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete